12 September 2006

Soul Custody

The union of you and I has past
The feelings we shared no longer exists
An abyss of sequestered emotions
Is the life that remains
Though we never fought
The battle between us raged
Unrelenting until one of us gave in
Usually me never wanting to be confrontational
A martyr to my own selflessness
Unrequited seems excessive in describing you
Though truth be told non verbal speech
Does not equate to saying what needed to be heard
Blind eyes could see you cared
Death ears could hear passion in your moans
But failure to launch was the iceberg
That sunk our ship
The separation of fantasy and reality
Migrated nonsense into logic
Emotional scars bear the infliction of abuse
A heart caught in the crossfire
Still beating as it hit the floor
The soul that fled
Left behind the child of desire
Lost, alone, and hurting in the midst of confusion
Take me back; someone claim me
She cried as she tried to beat
Still hoping; praying that possession go to the rightful one
Obviously he did not deserve
The one who brought them together
She took her hand, walked away, yet to look back
Placed in isolation and protection
For only she deserved soul custody
Of the love that now no longer existed

(c) BluJewel 2006

8 Comments:

Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

A serious contemporary poem and so deftly crafted, Blu!

6:20 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Nique said...

You know i think in imagery, and when you said "Still beating as it hit the floor", awwhhhh. I loved this post, and thank you for coming by my site, also for adding me as a link from your page. Take care love.

11:26 AM, September 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really feel this one. Man, this put me in a different type of mood today. Great work.

12:35 PM, September 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say girl? You put emotions into words that say so much. I really enjoyed this one and especially the line "failure to launch was the iceberg that sunk our ship". I'm not real poetic myself, but damn did you say something with that.

2:53 PM, September 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is some deep stuff...

I can identify...

its a battle.

6:35 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger dcsavvystar said...

this was great - it hits the spot for my life right now.

5:19 PM, September 17, 2006  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Waiting for the next poem, Blu.

10:51 PM, September 18, 2006  
Blogger layne bowden said...

okay. for real. did you mean to bring tears to my eyes with this piece? you can tell me. i won't be mad if it was intentional. :)

wow. this was felt... deep. this brought back all kinds of memories of "him".

did i already say, "wow"??

Peace!

3:44 PM, September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home