24 August 2006

I call it good!!!

As previously posted, I told you that I love music. It's so much a part of my daily life and I'm a sucka for the classics. Lionel Richie has been making great music for decades and has out lasted the fly-by-nights popular music swears by. He's come back with a hot song which I advise you to check out. He's collaborated with some of the young and hip producers, and from the sound of his currently released song, I think it was a great move. The song is filled with emotions that make you want to find that someone special and/or make love. The song provides lyrics that we've missed in the current ramblings of today's R&B songs that no longer talk about love or making love, but instead turn love into freaking and bumpin' n grindin'. This song is a refreshing change and fills you like ice cold lemonade on a 90% day. Denying Lionel's long standing reputation in the industry would be like saying K-Fed can rap...A stupid thing to say! (blaaaah! That's me puking) I Call It Love

I know you were probably expecting another fabulous poem today, but I decided to speak through music today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi Blu,
I think it's great that you're speaking through music...how creative!
I'll definitely check out I Call It Love a little later.
I love the classics too but differently. It stretches way up all through those terrific Broadway musicals, crooners and rock, way before I was born. Once in a while, a Rosemary Clooney cabaret number or a Doris Day love song still gets me dreaming. Nowadays, I really like the remixes and especially too, the experimental New Age numbers.

9:13 PM, August 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You definitely have my interest peaked. Music is my life and it sickens me to see artists like K-Fed and that "my neck my back" chick actually releasing albums with backing from major record labels. Arrgghhh! Anyway, thanks for the Lionel tip. I'll be sure to let you know how I like it.

9:51 PM, August 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a sentimentl soft spot some a couple of Lionel's old tracks from 80s, which remind me of my early butterflies afflicted forays into nightclubs. I never managed to end up dancing on the ceiling though, despite my best efforts utilising a step ladder, super glue and harnesses ;)

Music is one of my main writing fuels and one of the things I simply could notlive without. Whilst my tastes tend to veer more twoards the obscure and the experimental these days, I will supportanyone who believes in music passionately.

2:12 AM, August 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home