09 November 2006

Reality Check

I'm in the process completing the teaser I posted a couple days ago seeing as there is quite a demand for it, but in the mean time I wanted to share this. It was an email I received and thought it was worth sharing. The origin in unknown so I can't give the respective credit.

To realize The value of a sister: Ask someoneWho doesn't have one

To realize The value of ten years: Ask a newlyDivorced couple.

To realize The value of four years: Ask a graduate!

To realize The value of one year: Ask a student whoHas failed a final exam.

To realize The value of nine months: Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.

To realize The value of one month: Ask a motherwho has given birth toA premature baby.

To realize The value of one week: Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.


To realize The value of one minute: Ask a personWho has missed the train, bus or plane.

To realize The value of one-second: Ask a personWho has survived an accident.

Time waits for no one.

Treasure every moment you have.

You will treasure it even more when you can share it with someone special.

To realize the value of a friend or family member : LOSE ONE.

8 Comments:

Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Lots of common sense abound here, Blu.
My favourite is Treasure Every Moment You Have.

10:20 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:20 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger layne bowden said...

A-men!

I've always used the "saying" is "time waits for no one"... this post made me remember why.

Peace!

6:47 AM, November 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what? "Time is of the essence. Once it is gone, you cannot get it back. If you have time in your life, use it wisely."

My mom gave us that gem many, many years ago, and I am glad she did.

That was a lovely email, BluJ. Most emails that are worth anything are always the anonymous ones. God bless you.

3:52 PM, November 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. Let the records show I'm stealing it!

9:39 PM, November 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

powerful...

7:53 PM, November 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me tell you, I'm doing my best to live my life. It all seems so fragile.

OK, I'm going to read *MY* gift now. LOL

12:32 AM, November 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider the check cashed!

10:59 PM, November 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home