12 October 2006

Truth or Truth

This is not your typical Truth or Dare because it's Truth or Truth; meaning you have to tell the truth regardless. I was chillin at my girl jus.b.fli's spot and she has one of my fave songs on video; Like a Star by Corrine Bailey Rae. I've listened to the song for hours without ever growing wary of it, but today the lyrics seemed to really do something to me. So, here's my Truth or Truth for you.

Listen to the song, read the lyrics and then tell me who has ever moved you like that. You can provide minimal info if you'd like, but you still have to truthfully name someone (I'll allow initials for the painfully shy) and the experience.

Music Video Codes by VideoCure


LIKE A STAR

Just like a star across my sky
Just like an angel of the page
You have appeared to my life
Feel like I'll never be the same
Just like a song in my heart
Just like oil on my hands
Only to love you

Still I wonder why it is
I don't argue like this
With anyone but you
You do it all the time
Blowing out my mind

You've got this look I can't describe
You make me feel I'm alive
When everything else is a fake
Without a doubt you're by my side
Heaven has been way too long
Can't find the words to write this song
Oh love

Still I wonder why it is
I don't argue like this
With anyone but you
You do it all the time
Blowing out my mind, yeah

Da da da da da da da
Da da da da da da da

I have come to understand the way it is
Its not a secret anymore
Cos we've been through that before
From tonight I know that you're the only one
I've been confused and in the dark
Now I understand

Oooh oooh

I wonder why it is
I don't argue like this
With anyone but you
I wonder why it is I won't let my guard down
For anyone but you
You do it all the time
Blowing out my mind

Just like a star across my sky
Just like an angel of the page
You have appeared to my life
Feel like I'll never be the same
Just like a song in my heart
Just like oil on my hands

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Blu, at first I was going to name a Muslim servant - a beautiful Malay woman - when I was a very little girl who looked after me when my mother who was a teacher went off to school/work. Salmah had such an affectionate maternal love for me that even my mother was careful in the way she treated me in front of this servant whom I remember today, with a pang in my heart.

But scrolling downwards, it's clear the lyrics turn towards a romantic slant. Then I would have to say a man initials, JS who was tempestuous in personality, but he turned my life around...he was an editor and taught me how to open up my mind to the world of culture and the arts and how to constantly improve my craft and to never rest on my laurels.
I can still hear him speak to me like it was yesterday. And yes, we were close in other ways too. I do owe a great debt with his passionate friendship and the way he allowed me to breathe new life into my intellect that in turn, opened up my world abundantly. This would bring me many new joys.

11:41 PM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger layne bowden said...

Well, ma'am. In all honesty when I posted this song on my page, it was because I was encountering a vibe for "the new guy" and the words of this song made me think of him immediately.

So. Ummm. Since I have to name him or at least give his initials in order to be fair... They are B.H. (since I'm painfully shy! hehehe) and the experience? Well. You already know what the deal is, so there's really no need for me to get into all that right here! (LOL)

Peace! Always!

1:27 PM, October 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to say for me. I've definitely felt this, but in the end I only feel numbness. So I don't know if seeing what I wanted to see and ignoring what I didn't was causing me to feel this. Well, one thing still holds true, I definitely Feel like I'll never be the same.

11:22 AM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

Two for me, though neither are a person. Love & Time have both given me that feeling seeing as both are powerful and intense; yet can be so fleeting. Either way, they've left their mark in/on my life for whatever experience(s) I had.

12:22 PM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My girl does this for me.

2:06 PM, October 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home