25 July 2006

Rendezvous Part 23

“Uhm, I, I have feelings for Derrick,” Natalie’s voice croaked. “He’s become very dear to me.”

“Baby girl,” Mrs. Parker said very softly. “My age has given me great wisdom and I think it’s obvious that you have feelings for Derrick just by the way you’re talking,” Mrs. Parker’s maternal prowess were now very apparent. “What I want to know is would you act upon them.” Mrs. Parker’s forthrightness both stunned and amused Natalie.

Natalie giggled shyly. “Yes, Val, I would act on them,” Natalie said without hesitation.

“Okay, now you now that mommy, how does that make you an al…Ah, now I get it. Slick. Very slick indeed.” Derrick smirked and gave a high-five to the air.

“You kids today now nothing about discretion and allies”. Mrs. Parker laughed out loud. “I know my manner is rather unorthodox, but so is what we’re all dealing with; however, life is short and sometimes you just have to grab the proverbial bull by the horns and take control of what you can.”

“Amen!” Natalie cosigned. “Derrick?”

“How could I turn it down or refute what my dear and sweet mother has said.”

“Very good.” Mrs. Parker affirmed. “Now, before I go, I’d like to get Natalie’s contact information. I have email so I’ll give you my address and you can provide it for me okay?”

“Okay.”

“It’s
force tranquille@hotmail.com”.

“That’s French right?” Natalie inquired. “Uhm, quiet strength right?” Its meaning was obvious and Natalie smiled at Mrs. Parker’s creativity.

“Yes. I’m impressed,” Mrs. Parker chuckled. “Well, I need to get going. But in the meantime, please be good to yourself and thank you for allowing an old woman her say. Oh, one last thing. I will let Bizzy know of this conversation and if there’s anything she can do for you, please let her know. After I speak with her, I’ll provide her information for you also.”

“Thanks mommy,” Derrick was beaming. “Thank you for everything and please forgive my initial tone with you.”

“It’s okay honey; no need for apologies. It’s not everyday a mother does what I’m doing. Natalie, are you okay?” Mrs. Parker cautiously inquired.

Mrs. Parker indeed sounded so much like a friend than a mother and now ally leaving Natalie overwhelmed with compassion.

“Oh, yes! I’m more than satisfied. Thank you infinitum for your willingness to help us. I look forward to our getting to know each other more.”

“As do I. Now I shall let you both continue. Bye for now Natalie and I’ll speak with you soon Derrick.”

Mrs. Parker ended her part of the call.

“She’s some woman,” Derrick spoke seemingly to himself. “I could never in a thousand years have seen that coming. She’s more amazing than I’ve ever given her credit for.” Derrick’s monolog continued.

“I agree.” Natalie smiled to herself. “Yes, unique to say the least.”

“Well, if you ever doubted our closeness, you now have proof.”

“Sweetie, I never doubted it, but it’s nice to experience first hand.” Natalie was now anxious to meet Derrick’s mother. “By the way, I think it’s adorable that you still call your mother “mommy”,” Natalie said affectionately.

Derrick and Natalie remained silent as they each reflected on the conversation.

“Yeah, that’s my girl. She’s the absolute best,” Derrick smiled to himself. “So, now that’s done. Where were we?” Derrick asked. Natalie was still nursing her thoughts. “Ms. Connors?” Derrick’s formality released Natalie from her thoughts.

“Uh, yes?”

“I was asking where we were before my mother called.”

“You know I think I’ve forgotten.” Natalie rewound her mental tape. “Oh, I think you were trying to seduce me,” Natalie giggled.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about being online at the right time. Rayne, I got you beat AGAIN. (lol) You aiight out there? Yo, Blu what can I say? That is some mad game you got going. This chapter is twisted (in a good way). I wish my moms was like the one here. Sheot! I ain't for condoning affairs, but if you gotta then why not with moms blessing when she's got ya back.

1:43 PM, July 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah jc, you got me beat again, but somebody has to handle the business...lol. Aww, what a cute chapter. Mom Dukes is co-signing the affair. I'd normally think that's twisted, but given the circumstances, it's cool of her to have her son's back instead of talking him into mysery.

8:37 PM, July 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home