27 July 2006

Rendezvous Part 25 (The end)

“Really?” Natalie responded doubtfully. “You said that with the arrogance I first met you with,” Natalie mused.

“Natalie,” Derrick paused, “I won’t lie, it hasn’t been easy acting like you didn’t happen, but I handled it. During that time, I amply recognized that my wife and I know why we’re together and while I’m sure she’d be more than pissed if she found out I cheated, I don’t think she’d press the issue.” Derrick cleared his throat. “I’ll give you the details of my marriage I failed to share before, but for now, it’s not something we need to worry about. You heard what my mother said so I don’t need to reiterate that now. Natalie, if you want to see me in whatever capacity we both agree to, I can deal with that.” Derrick concluded with certainty.

Derrick wasn’t quite sure where his current strength to make that pledge came from, but he knew he was being honest and sincere and to him, that’s was all that was important.

“Wow!” Natalie was stunned. She hadn’t anticipated such a profound response. “So, my conceding to basically being your lover doesn’t cheapen me in your eyes?”

“Not at all. God, Natalie, there’s nothing cheap about you,” Derrick complimented. “At some point this is something you’ve obviously given thought to and if you’re willing to accept me even with my limitations, I feel honored.” Natalie didn’t respond. “You realize you answered the question right?” Derrick teased.

Natalie laughed, “Yeah, I guess I did. A little convoluted, but answered nonetheless right?”

Natalie and Derrick continued to discuss the terms of their relationship and agreed to meet bimonthly at an agreed location and more often when their respective schedules permitted.

“So, the Hyatt twice a month during the week and Philly once a month right?” Natalie went over their plans for their first meeting.

“Yup. I can’t wait to see you girl,” Derrick’s enthusiasm escalated.

“See you soon.” Natalie hung up. “Meeeee aaaand, Mr. Mr. P, Mr. P, Mr. P, Mr. P; we got a thing going on. We both know that it’s wrong, but it’s much too late to turn back now.”

The end of their conversation was the start of things to come.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing! I really enjoyed reading this even though you made me dizzy a few times. Your style is unpredictable and I like that. I shared this with my girl and she said you're really good too. I look forward to seeing you on the top ten list one day. Thanks for sharing a great story for FREE with us.

9:32 AM, July 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{Applause} - Make that a standing ovation. Great story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Those who didn't follow it missed a good one, but hopefully they'll catch up. Nothing beats the suspense of having to wait for the next chapter, though. Thank you for sharing it. I hope it was mutually beneficial for you. Keep up the good work.

As BluJewel's manager, I'd like to personally thank JC. You've been a tremendous support. You know she appreciates it and I do too. Additionally, you kept me on my toes. I get caught up in the business sometimes and fall behind on being supportive in this regard. Thanks for noting the times that you beat me to the post...LOL. It was fun. Can't wait till the next round.

3:59 PM, July 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home