22 August 2006

RaNdOm pOeTiC mOmEnT

While she sat alone at the crowded bar
Ignoring the comments from near and far
A beautiful smile hid her internal pain
MAC makeup concealed the bruises and her shame
Beauty for her was truly only skin deep
Cause she hated herself for the secrets she had to keep
A heroine in her own right for the battles she'd won
But there was no award for single-handedly raising her son
Both victims of the violations of her trust
A forced intimacy conspired from his lust


'myspace

(c) BluJewel 2006

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the intensity and sadness of this - as well as the uncomfortable shame it stirs up in me as a man.

Thanks for visiting my blogs. I've added a link to you from my Short Short Fiction blog.

2:00 AM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

What a dark end for this beautifully lucid poem, Blujewel.
Reminds me of Suzanne Vega's hit song, 'Luka'.
I loved the strong imagery created by your very first line:

"While she sat alone at the crowded bar..."

Thank you so much for popping by and I shall certainly link up both your blogs shortly.

Here's looking forward to a friendship.

5:38 AM, August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was deep. Like you always say, sometimes the least amount of words say the most.

12:30 PM, August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this yesterday and couldn't comment on it because I was pissed because I know someone this happened to. I felt really bad for her and wanted to beat the shit out of the dude who did it, but the courts took care of it. Anyway, this was a sad, but good piece.

4:28 PM, August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt this piece was true, because you find people that go through this everyday.

2:20 PM, August 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home